If anyone is interested I created a Slack workspace for Crokinole last year and over the past few months its been busier with new people joining across the US, some regular NCA players from Canada and other players from abroad.

This isn't meant to replace this or various facebook groups, just something different, its more like a real-time chat system where informal discussions occur. The most recent discussions have been around weekly drills that Jason from the Extra Pint Crokinole Club has posted and people check in daily after doing the drills.

Within Slack different "channels" can be created so if any club wants to create a specific channel for club communication feel free. 

I welcome anyone to join using this link, https://bit.ly/2ToQLJj.

Thanks

-nick

Views: 119

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This has been a great resource for the City Flickers Crokinole Club. We get to reach out to other players and clubs keeping us in touch with all the latest on tournaments and practice techniques. We also love that you can go there and post a question you may have pretty much about anything and get a good solid answer within a short period of time. 

All-in-all, we find Slack absolutely awesome and we appreciate you Nick for setting it up and giving the community a place to.... well, to commune. 

I like the imagery...

"Slack - the virtual crokinole commune"

Peaceful discussions about flying discs - brought to you by the number 20...

Hey Gents (and Ladies as applicable),

For those of you who want to sharpen your skills, there used to be this thing called a Skills Competition run by Crokinole Depot (aka the Beierling Brothers) at the WCC in Tavistock.

They have PDFs from the shot setups for each year from 2007 - 2014.

I was going to post them online and remembered it would be easier, and not copyright infringing, to just link to them on their site.

I've used some of the shots in them to develop my own drills over the years.

So for the interested, here's the link: http://www.crokinoledepot.com/crokinole-skills.html

This link will also show up shortly in the Slack channel.

l8r,

rc

Very good way to connect with other players! 

RSS

© 2019   Created by NCA Admin.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service